Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MY BLOG IS MY DIARY



As I started including my paintings on my blog, I began to write, as though I would in a Diary.  About why I painted about religion and religious architecture from the past and present.  I quess it comes from my interest in the World War I and II.... and my parents concern about the people they left behind in Poland.    What it was like for me to be a first generation Jew in New York, in America.  How I felt about the difference between spirituality and religion.  How I was not particularly observant, but the Jewish religion was in my identity... sort of in my blood.  I don't even know why I seem to paint about the Jewish religion.  It's all a mystery to me.  But I believe there are certain things in the life that one cannot answer.  They are just there.  I even have to deal with my admiration for Christ, as well as my love for Hasheim.  And that most of all, deep inside I really only believe in a higher power.  Could be universal truth.  Or it could just be my thirst for knowledge in general.  I do not know.  I invite you to go on the journey with me.  The only thing I am positive of is that most of my truth comes from any early age, and the story my parents told me.


The above paintings are of my mother and father, when they cam to America, around 1916 to 1918,  I must admit they are much better in person.  Both of them are 22 x 30 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment